Inquiry into the Great Barrier Reef 2050 Partnership Program
Statement from the inquiry chair
The Senate Environment and Communications References Committee met today regarding the inquiry into the Great Barrier Reef 2050 Partnership Program.
The committee resolved to:
- Hold a public hearing in Canberra on 18 September 2018 to take evidence from members of the board of the Great Barrier Reef Foundation. Dr John Schubert, Stephen Fitzgerald and Grant King have provisionally agreed to attend this hearing. The committee is also seeking the attendance of another member of the board and agreed to consider summoning this member of the board if necessary.
- Hold a public hearing in Canberra on 21 September 2018 to take evidence from Australian Government departments and agencies. The committee will call the Department of Environment & Energy, Department of Finance, Department of Industry, Innovation & Science, Treasury, and CSIRO. The committee will also invite environment groups and science organisation to attend this hearing.
- Hold a public hearing at a time and place to be determined to which members of the Chairman’s Panel of the Great Barrier Reef Foundation will be requested to attend.
- Release correspondence from the committee to the Prime Minister and the Minister for Environment & Energy.
Senator Peter Whish-Wilson
For further details:
- Chair: 0409 164 603
- Committee secretariat: 02 6277 3379